Wednesday, May 13, 2015


Ok, I am new to the blog world, but I feel the prompting of God that it is and will be an important means for us to communicate while in Tharaka.  I also feel that I should invite you on this journey with us as we go deeper into the plans God has for us.  With that said please forgive me as I catch you up a little today.  I will be making every effort to update at least weekly form here on out.

This first excerpt I wrote on 4/8/2015 less than a week after the Garrissa school attack in Kenya.  It was a week full of fear for our extended family.  Interestingly for Eric and I it was a moment of confirmation once again that the safest place for our family was to be in God's will regardless of the circumstances around us..........I am sitting here talking to God listening to the words of one of my favorite songs “ I am Yours…. You are mine…and we’ll be together forever.  Outside of my window there is an incredible thunderstorm booming.   I hear Him saying “Julianna, don’t forget who is in the boat with you.  I am not only the lover of your soul, I am the one who calms the storm.”  In light of recent events unfolding in Kenya some may question why we would go into the storm.  Although I understand the concern I would point out that we are not alone in the boat. 


The next is April 26th.  This was an emotional and encouraging day for us.  Our pastor invited us on stage to take up an offering for us.  To hear his heart concerning our family and the ministry that God has called us to was incredibly humbling.  Knowing that both our Pastors and our church family are for us is tremendously comforting.



No comments:

Post a Comment